Welcome to Keelung Official Tourist Information Website.
Zhongzheng Park is situated on the side of Dashawan Mountain, which is at the east of Keelung City. There is a white statue of Goddess of Mercy in the park. This 25-meter high statue has become one of the characteristics of Keelung.
The park overlooks Keelung City and the harbor. There are three levels in the park. On the first level is a historic canon fort. On the second level is a Buddhist library, Martyrs’ Shrine and Zhuputan Temple. The temple attracts many worshipers on July 15. On the third level is Guanhai Pavilion. Sitting in the pavilion, visitors can see the entire Keelung and the ocean.
The statue of Goddess of Mercy is the landmark of Zhongzheng Park. It is the biggest Goddess statue in Southeast Asia. Inside the statue is a stairway leading to the top. Zhuputan is where worshipers gather on Zhongyuan Festival. The first immigrants to Taiwan used to fight with each other for land. In order to stop the disputes, they set up a temple for yearly worship. The temple was in Gaosha Park during the Japanese occupation and moved to Zhongzheng Park.
- Service Tel:
- Address of attraction
- Shoushan Rd., Xinyi Dist., Keelung City, Taiwan (R.O.C.)
- Opening hours:
- Tickets information:
- Parking information
- self-paid parking lot down the Big Buddha Monastery
- Related videos
Show detailed map
- Public transportation
- Take Keelung buses 101, 103,104, 105,106,107, 108, 202, 203 to City Government bus stop and walk to park. Or, take Keelung buses 107, 202, 203, 204 to Keelung Hospital bus stop, after passing the Zhongzheng Park Gate follow the stone steps uphill or follow Shoushan Rd. uphill.
- Attraction category:Recreational Parks
- Time of update:2014-11-28