One of the "Taiwan's Twelve Local Festivals," the one-month-long festival witnesses Keelung's historical and cultural traditions. The urban parade before releasing the water lantern on July 14 of the lunar calendar is also worthy to participate in visitors.
No. 280, Xin 2nd Rd., Zhongzheng Dist., Keelung City
1. Chaojing Park: The parking lot in Chaojing Park (free of charge; 115 seats for cars. When this parking lot is full, please park in the one around Bisha Fishing Port)
2. Bisha Fishing Port Zone C parking lot (NTD 80/time, 256 seats for cars, 25 seats for tour buses).
July of the Lunar calendar
"🚌Public transport connection:
1. Free shuttle (at the bus station) to the water lantern releasing site
(1) Boarding point for the outbound journey:
🚏Keelung City Government Rear Building (Zhongzheng Road/Xin 2nd Road Intersection): 22:00.
🚏Bisha Fishing Port Zone C Parking Lot: 21:00-23:00 circular shuttle.
(2) Pick-up point for the return journey:
🚏Wanghai Lane parking lot (after the water lantern releasing activity is over, there will be 2 routes for evacuation)
a. To the bus terminal (Keelung Train Station)
b. To Bisha Fishing Port Zone C parking lot
2. National highway passenger transport shuttles after the water lantern releasing event
(1) Guoguang Passenger Transport (1813): Depart from Wanghai Lane at 24:00 via Zhongxiao East Road to Taipei Main Station.
(2) Metropolitan Passenger Transport (2088): Depart from Wanghai Alley at 23:50 to the Taipei City Hall Bus Station.
🚊Keelung Train Station runs an additional electric train: Depart from Keelung at 00:50 to Shulin.
All vehicles are prohibited from entering and exiting within the control area, except for public transport coaches, residents' vehicles (ID required), and those with staff permits. "